Prescott Art Docents is a non-profit service organization established in 1971. PAD is a group of enthusiastic men and women whose Mission is to share the love of art with children and adults throughout the Quad City area. As a well-trained Art Docent, you will have opportunities for service and personal enrichment throughout our community.
- Art talks in schools
- Art talks to teens and adult groups
- Art Days at the Library and Caldecott Books and Art are programs that work in conjunction with the Prescott and Prescott Valley Public Libraries
- Masterpiece Program in schools where docents who are trained in art history, art appreciation and how to work with children share art reproductions and lead discussions about the art piece
- Monday programs featuring talks by artists, architects, educators, museum curators and docents
- Field trips to museums, galleries, and other art related events around Arizona
- Social events that bind our memberships into friendships
Masterpiece Program (K-12) Docents visit the same classroom 5-7 times each year (30 minutes), bringing selected art reproductions from our 800-piece collection to initiate discussions about art, techniques, styles and other age-appropriate topics leaving behind one reproduction for the classroom to enjoy until the next visit. We provide these opportunities in accordance with the Arizona Department of Education Objectives.
Art Days in the Library (1st – 5th) Docents present hands-on art projects reflecting the Elements of Art and Principles of Design, while exploring artistic styles, and vocabulary. This is a program held once a month at the Prescott Public Library throughout the school year.
Caldecott Books & Art for Kids (K-3) Docents explore illustrations in Caldecott Award (Since 1938) books increasing children’s experience with art elements, principles of design, artistic styles, vocabulary, and capturing the emotional appeal in a book’s pages while providing opportunities in accordance with the Arizona Department of Education Objectives.
Check out our Prescott Art Docent programs and future dates at the Prescott Public Library.
Visit our website for more information: www.prescottartdocents.net
Contact the Prescott Art Docents at: firstname.lastname@example.org